SAP BPC NW
Urenco Group is a uranium enrichment company, originally set-up as a joint venture between the UK, German and Dutch governments. It operates plants in Germany, the Netherlands, United States, and United Kingdom and supplies nuclear power stations in about 15 countries. URENCO uses patented centrifuge enrichment technology.
In November 2010, URENCO began a worldwide upgrade to a global instance of SAP ECC6. Previously, sites were using different instances of SAP R3 4.7. As a follow up to this, URENCO decided to undertake a wide ranging implementation of a new financial reporting and forecasting tool. The project was split into two phases. Phase 1 was to replace the manual excel-based budgeting and forecasting solutions. This manual budget process took 4 months to complete, lacked consistency and was prone to error. Phase 2 was to implement a financial consolidation solution. Following the SAP upgrade, BCS was implemented as an interim solution for financial consolidation, however it was decided that a more permanent long term solution was required.
Why SAP BPC?
SAP BPC was chosen mainly because of its integration with SAP ECC6, which would enable URENCO to standardise processes and accounting structures. SAP BPC also enabled URENCO to build a “one truth” platform where all management reporting could come from one tool.
Copperman was selected to deliver the URENCO SAP BPC solution as a result of our proven track record of successfully implementing SAP BPC, particularly on the NetWeaver (NW) platform. At the time of implementation, there were very few successful implementations of SAP BPC in the UK on the NW platform, and URENCO were impressed with our success in this area, list of reference blue chip clients and expertise both technically and financially.
Reporting application (YTD Data)
- Monthly consolidation and reporting of Actuals data
- Automated feeds of transaction data and master data from SAP-ECC
- Full year Budget and quarterly forecasting
- Automated data feeds of Forecast data back into SAP-ECC
- Concise management reporting pack coupled with more detailed financial reports.
- Constant Currency reporting of Budget at Actual rates and Actual at Budget rates
- Key Data calculations and reporting
Costs Application (Periodic Data)
- Automated feeds of Costs, Manpower and KPI data from SAP-ECC
- Automated feeds into the Reporting application
- Costs, Manpower and KPI budgeting and forecasting
- Hold monthly exchange rates for both Budget and Actuals
- Holds constants and ratios used in complex calculations
Key Benefits Delivered
Following implementation a number of key benefits have been realised. These include:
- Large reduction in manual excel processes and sheets
- Standardisation and control of processes across all sites
- Reduction in time taken to produce Budget and Quarterly Forecasts
- Reduction in month end reporting time
As part of the solution delivered, URENCO has engaged Copperman’s support service to provide ongoing BPC support.Contact us